Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bedtime Story: Once upon a Murphy bed . . .


Now, where were we?

Oh, yeah . . . I remember.

“Later, after we arrived back in our room, we discovered two handles on the wall near the fireplace. Hmmm . . .”

Now, for the record, we were perfectly content with our accommodations. However, on the following evening, when SHH inquired about the day along the coast and eventually asked about the hotel, we told her that the room was fine and began to describe it. When I mentioned all of the door handles along the wall and then our pulling the bed out of the wall, her response . . .

“A Murphy bed!?”





. . . well, it was pretty funny, to say the least. The idea of sleeping in a bed that could have shut us up in the wall, while a perfectly good bedroom and bath were waiting on the other side of it, is amusing, I will admit. The word “suite” continues to surface in conversation.

So, let’s change the subject for a minute, shall we?

Fast-forward to the next morning. Would searching for the letterbox, “A Place to Embrace,” make my readers feel like our anniversary adventure was more romantic than it sounds at this point?


Being a woman of few words *cough*, let me just say that we followed the instructions in both the title and the clues. The stamped image will trigger sweet memories. ;-)


What a beautiful and fitting spot for such a letterbox.


Now, before I close this entry, I need to tell you the conclusion of the matter concerning our bed.

After being teased greatly by SHH and Triple T in the car, and again by many in the pity party chat room, I wanted an answer to the burning question, “Did we really pay for a bedroom that we never saw?”

So, I called the hotel.

You are not going to believe what we learned! There was a bedroom behind one of those doors -- yes, it gets worse: there were actually two bedrooms behind those doors!! As you might imagine, the hotel clerk was getting a kick out of this.

However!!!! (There is more!) While the suite did contain the option of having more rooms, we had only rented the “studio” portion of the “suite.” (i.e. all we paid for was the Murphy bed and the AWESOME BALCONY VIEW!)

How’s that for a bedtime story! I know; it's a bit anticlimactic. You all wanted me to end the story having paid for the two adjoining rooms, didn't you? *grin*

2 comments:

  1. It sure would have been nice if they had told you that you were only paying for the murphey bed...I'll never recommend that resort again, to be sure.

    I'm so sorry. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sorry, and I will always smile when I remember this part of my trip. Always.

    We were very comfortable, my friend. Promise.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts. ;-)