Sunday, August 2, 2009

Shore of Discovery




". . . the grandest and most pleasing prospects
which my eyes ever surveyed, in front of a boundless ocean"
~ William Clark




After three wonderful days in the lovely state of Washington, my husband and I drove south to spend a little time on the Oregon coast.

We stopped at Ft. Clatsop to see the replica of Lewis & Clark's winter encampment, 1805-1806, and continued south to Ecola State Park to hike a trail “forged by Native Americans and followed by members of the Corps of Discovery.”






Those few miles were replete with terrific views of the Tillamook Lighthouse, our first peek at Haystack Rock, and quiet paths through the dense forest.

We missed our kids but were glad not to have the little ones walking that close to the edge of cliffs.


No letterboxes on that leg of the trip – we just didn’t have enough time to devote to more than a quick look to them. *pout* We needed a bite to eat before sunset . . .


3 comments:

  1. Your photos are stunning. I am so glad you are sharing them with us. The thimble with the stars is really cool.
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Neither of the interpretive rangers missed a beat when I took close-up shots of their displays and of them. I wondered if I was being too bold, especially with the feet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got the pics up :-)

    Nice shooting, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts. ;-)